Schedule of Events (Race Day)
Saturday, May 16th 2020
All activities are in Anson B. Nixon Park this year
6:30am – 8:30am: (Race-Day Registration,) Race Packet pick-up and bag drop in the Park
7:00am – 8:30am: PoweRun Lifting competition in the Park
8:50am: Pre-race meeting
9:00am: 10k run, 10K PoweRun
9:25am: 5k run, 5k PoweRun Wave 1, 5K Walk
9:30am: 5K wave 2, if needed
9:35am: 1 Mile Run/Walk
10:30am: 1 Mile Kids Fun Run 0-14 year olds - Run around the Lagoons
Take a look and get familiar
Official course certificates can be viewed and downloaded here
Online Registration now open!
If paying by check, you may download the registration form Here
Si paga con cheque, puede descargar el formulario de registro Aquí
In-Person Registration and race packet pickup available at the Kennett YMCA gym on Friday May 15th from 5:30pm -7:30pm.
Saturday activity is all in the Anson B. Nixon Park, May 16th from 6:30 to 8:30am
YOU! help our community with your fee
Run, PoweRun & Walk Fees
1 mile Walk/Run regular registration $30, late registration $35
5K Run regular registration $35, late registration $40
10K Run regular registration $35, late registration $40
5K & 10K PoweRun regular registration $50, late registration $55
(Price includes Lifting Competition and 5K or 10K Run)
Make Checks Payable to: The Kennett Run Charities
T-SHIRTS ONLY GUARANTEED FOR PRE-REGISTERED RUNNERS BEFORE MAY 6th, 2020!!
Its not who you know its where you go
Buses will be available for transporting runners and spectators from the Exelon parking lot to Anson B. Nixon Park for day of Registration, packet pick-up and the Start.
From 6:30am until 8:50am buses will transport individuals to Anson B. Nixon Park from Exelon parking lot.
From 11:30am to 1pm buses will transport individuals from Anson B Nixon Park to Exelon parking lot.
Parking is available at the following locations:
• (Path’s entering the park along Broad St)
• Exelon Generation - located on Exelon Way in Kennett Square (off of State Street)
• The Kennett Square Fire Company - located on Dalmation Lane, Kennett Square
(off of Cypress Street)
• The Genesis Parking Deck - located at the corner of Linden Street and Union
Street, Kennett Square
PLEASE do not attempt to park at Anson B. Nixon Park as you will be turned away. There will be plenty of buses to take you where you need to go in a timely manner.
Prizes & Awards
The carrot at the end of the stick
Prizes & Awards
• $400, $200, $100 to the top three overall male & female in the 5K Run
• Trophy to the top three overall male & female in the 5K and 10K
• Trophy to the top two overall male & female in the PoweRun
• $400, $200, $100 to the top three overall male & female in the 10K Run
• $50 Gift Certificates to the first male & female Master in the 10K and 5K Runs
• Individual awards to the top three males and females in each age group:
9 and under, 10-13, 14-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
• Individual awards for ages under 14 are not for PoweRun races.
Its not all about hydration
• No bicycles, skates, dogs during race event, Registered persons only allowed on the course.
• Strollers are allowed only in the rear of last wave of the 5K.
• Water stops: SIX for the 10K Run and FOUR for the 5K Run.
• Emergency services for the Kennett Run are provided by the Kennett Fire Company No.1 and Longwood Fire Company
Yes, we know its inconvenient for some and we apologize
Some of the following roads will be closed to traffic while the race participants pass by. They will be reopened as soon as safety allows.
We sincerely hope that you can plan your schedule so that you will not be seriously inconvenienced.
State Street: Both lanes between Walnut Rd and Mill Rd from 7:00 to 10:30 a.m.
Union Street (Route 82): Both lanes between W Cypress St and just South of W. Linden St from 7:00 to 10:30 a.m.
Intersection of East Locust and Walnut: 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.
Intersection of Longwood Road and Walnut: 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.
Walnut Road: Both lanes between Baltimore Pike/State St and Nixon Park entrance 7:00 to 10:30, except Bus and vendor traffic
Walnut Road: From Nixon Park entrance to Street Rd 8:30 to 11:00 a.m.
Walnut Road: From Nixon Park entrance to E. Locust Southbound 8:30 to 11:00 a.m.
2019 Race Results & Photos
We bet you did better than you think you did!